This one is nearly a repeat of the BC Loop trip from last year. A few updates:
- Hopefully I have figured out the time zone thing in Creston. It looks like they are in Mountain Time zone, but they don't subscribe to daylight savings time...hence they are aligned with Pacific Time in the summer. Well, that's confusing! Anyway, at Creston I marked the departure time in Pacific Time to fix that.
- Preferred hotel in Vernon has been switched to the Days Inn Vernon
- Husky station in Rock Creek (which we did last year, but the trip plan called for something different)
- Return via Black Diamond instead of Nanton to better accommodate those on the West side of Calgary
For those who plan to participate:
1) Book your rooms. BC hotels book up solid, especially those out around Vernon. Today would be a good time to book. You can always cancel.
2) Let me know so I can add you to the distribution list for updates. Let me know:
- If you have a partner who will bringing riding his/her own bike (for group planning)
- Contact information (cell number preferred; email addresses in addition to the one you send the note from)
- If you have any objection to your contact information being shared with other participants (default is no, you are not on the witness protection program)
Gord and Brenda Stevenson